A work injury can be devastating, as it can keep you away from work for the short-term or the injury or disability could be permanent. Regardless of how long you are healing, it is important that you are able to make ends meet, otherwise you are going to be brought down by financial stressors and that can impede the healing process. To get the wage replacement and medical benefits you need, you will have to file a workers’ comp claim.
Although this process may seem cut and dry, it can be complicated. Perhaps the insurance company needs more information, so they deny the claim. The good news is that you can appeal the claim like around 70 percent of people have to do and you can do this with the help of a Minneapolis workers’ comp attorney.
When You Need An Attorney
If any of these statements are true, then you need to hire an attorney as soon as possible:
- The injuries you sustained at work are severe enough for surgical intervention.
- The injuries you sustained at work are moderate to severe. If you and your doctor feel your health will not return to normal, you may need permanent partial disability (PPD).
- You believe you can no longer regularly work in any job.
- You believe you can’t return to your current job or work in the same capacity.
- You have pre-existing disabilities that prevent you from working or working regularly.
- You would like to dispute a denial by the insurance company or the state’s workers’ comp division.
- You have been denied medical benefits.
- You feel you are not receiving the correct benefits or you want to see if there are additional benefits you can receive.
- You don’t understand the process of acquiring workers’ comp and would feel more comfortable
Regardless of the specifics of your claim, you have the right to obtain an attorney. If the injuries are so severe that there is a permanent impact on your life, your Minneapolis workers’ comp attorney will be a powerful advocate in your corner.
Helping You Obtain The Services You Deserve
In addition to the medical and wage replacement benefits, vocational services are available. These services are for those unable to return to their former job because of their injury. A workers’ compensation attorney can help you fully utilize the system so you can receive everything you need from your workers’ comp benefits.
All in all, the rules and procedures are complicated, which means you will be at a disadvantage. If you don’t retain an attorney to stand up for your interests, the process could drag out longer than necessary or you could deal with denials where you wouldn’t have to otherwise. With professional legal advocacy, you have a greater chance of obtaining the benefits you deserve.
Contact A Minneapolis Workers’ Comp Attorney
Workers’ compensation claims can be complicated and it’s this complexity that can lead to paperwork being filled out improperly or the omission of details. With the help of an experienced attorney, you can ensure the paperwork is filled out right the first time. While there is still a chance that more information will be requested, a successful appeal can be made. If you have already been denied benefits, there is still hope for you to get the compensation and medical care you deserve. To learn more about your rights and options, contact Fishman, Carp, Bescheinen & Van Berkom, LTD at 952-546-6000 to request a free consultation.